Sunday, March 1, 2009

Throwback

Just a quick post today while I'm putting off doing other things I should be.

I was enjoying having the house to myself today while my roommates are out at the university basketball game, meaning I can turn up my music and sing without shame. (To be fair, they haven't complained and actually tend to compliment me when I'm singing... at least on Guitar Hero.)

And while my iTunes was on shuffle, this song came on. And immediately I was back in junior year of high school, in my black '92 Pontiac Grand Am, with the windows down, blasting this and screaming the lyrics. I was 17, freshly dumped, and very angry. Screamo was precisely what I needed.



And, I'm no longer ashamed to admit that I bought Atreyu's album solely for the 80's-like riffs at the chorus and especially at 2:13. With flowers in her hair, gazed upon with dead lover's eyes - she never looked so good...

And yes, I realize this post has little to do with sexuality. Oh well. These things happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why apologize for the music you like? If you enjoy it, the decade when it was recorded makes no difference at all.

Amalthea said...

You are so adorable, there are not enough words.