Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bear's song

I heard this song on MTV the other day (well, about 30 seconds of it... quite a bit for MTV these days!)... and it made me think of Bear. Primarily the chorus... But it's just so true. Our song used to the All-American Rejects' "It Ends Tonight," because it's what I was listening to one of the first times we hung out and he started singing along to all the words and I was totally shocked. He doesn't strike me as the type to listen to emo. But oh, does he.

Anyway, we've been talking and joking for a while that we need a new song, because "It Ends Tonight" is a total downer. I mean, c'mon, the opening lines are "your subtleties, they strangle me, I can't explain myself at all. And all the wants, and all the needs, all I don't want to need at all." Not cheery. Although even typing it, I can hear Bear camping up Tyson's voice in my head.

In any case, a couple nights ago when Bear was over at my house - after an adventure through flooded streets and 20 miles round trip to find a Blockbuster (god I hate living in a small town) - I played him this song. I was bouncing around my room, and he heard the chorus, and just goes "awww!" and gives me a giant, well, bear-hug. Heh.

So here, enjoy.



Yeah, my life would suck without him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big improvement. Actually, I wonder why anyone listens to downer songs. I guess I haven't had enough tragedy in my life to appreciate them.

Amalthea said...

Lucky Merlin! :) I adore downer songs and upper songs alike. I am generally not so much in love with the Kelly C. - but... this song and 2 others are making me wonder why. Yay Bear!

Teehee and the word verification is pogwar! Children of the 80's forever!