Tuesday, November 11, 2008

playing catch-up.

I have a lot to say.
A lot has happened in the past week.
Some of it has been good.
Some of it has, once again, turned my world upside down.
At least this time, I'm taking solace in friends. It's good to trust people sometimes. Especially when they respond in kind and don't let you down.

I wish I had something coherent to say about the elections. It's a strange experience being so removed here from such an important time in my home country. I am, of course, elated about Obama. I've been playing catch-up watching the speeches and everything, and I agree with Friend, it was a profoundly moving experience.

But then there's Prop 8. I wish I had the right words to say. But speaking of moving speeches, Keith Olbermann summed it up better than I ever could.


You can see him trying to maintain composure. I think it's stunning. I would very much like to meet him some day.


I'm going to Denmark this weekend to spend a long weekend with my family, so I'll once again be out of reach. Don't worry though, as always, there will be an HNT on auto-post. At least I'm reliable about one thing. And for those of you who I read, I'm playing catch-up there, too. Comments are coming, I promise. Just as soon as I have a minute to breathe.

Besos.
Sasha.

3 comments:

Amalthea said...

I saw his speech as well, and I agree that it's so sad that the Obama win has been sullied by these other things (adoption rights rulings, Prop 8, etc.).

I hope you're doing wonderfully lovebug, I am so glad you're trusted people came through for you and that you'll be seeing family this weekend!

Roland Hulme said...

Prop 8 was HORRIBLE. I can't believe that passed. No silver lining without a cloud, though.

Hey, Sasha! I have given you the We Love Your Big Sexy Brain Award over on my blog. Check it out!

Roland Hulme said...

WOW. That was a VERY moving video.