Saturday, February 21, 2009

Update

So, as I assume is pretty obvious, I'm working on a re-design here. First and foremost, I owe massive thanks to Amalthea for creating my new banner. I think it's gorgeous, and am working on designing the whole site around the color scheme. I also owe massive amount of thanks to everyone else who submitted banners: Roland Hulme, Lilly, and Jake.

As for the re-design as it stands: I'm not thrilled with the look just yet. I kind of liked the old color scheme and would have rather just made a few minor changes to some of the colors (replacing the banner background color and overall background color for black, for example), but the stupid Blogger template won't allow me to do such things. Unless I've totally missed something. If anyone knows how to make that happen, please let me know. I tried to maintain the same idea of the greens and greys, although the black has kind of taken over. I'm a little bit over the all-black background, I think it's overdone. But being lacking in my HTML/CSS coding skills, I'm not sure what other options I have.

Oh, also, I really hate the white block at the bottom of the entries where it shows the tags and such... anyone know how to change that color? Cause I couldn't find it on Blogger's idiot-proof editing page. Sometimes I think I have more trouble understanding things when people try to dumb them down than I would if they just told me how to do what I needed to do. sigh.

In any case, I'm open to suggestions and hints and anything else you've got. Thanks for reading, and again, a special thanks to everyone who submitted banners and to Amalthea who submitted the winning design!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

please write black on white, like your lingerie...anything written on black background hurts my eyes.

Osbasso said...

Might be able to help you out with that. Email me!

Merlin said...

I like it, myself. The color scheme is certainly unique!